Paolita Users: You create or hold an account within Paolita. You can make purchases using your account.
Information we collect about you.
- Contact Information (for example an email address): You might provide us with your contact information, whether through product purchase, a form on our website, an interaction with our customer support team.
- Usage information: We collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our websites and services. This includes which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, and so on.
- Device and browser data: We collect information from the device and application you use to access our website. Device data mainly means your operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type.
- Information from page tags: We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics. Emails sent by Paolita include page tags that allow us to collect information about who opened those emails and clicked on links in them.
- Referral information: If you arrive at a Paolita website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us.
- Information from third parties and integration partners: We collect your personal information or data from third parties if you give permission to those third parties to share your information with us or where you have made that information publicly available online.
How we use the information we collect
Page tags and web beacons: We collect information from page tags and web beacons to allow us to determine the success of our advertising campaigns. We also use page tags to allow the email sender to measure the performance of their email messaging and to learn how to improve email deliverability and open rates.
More details: We use this data to personalize online marketing campaigns to be relevant to you and your use of our services. By clearing your cookies in your browser settings you will no longer see personalized messages in this way but you continue to see ads over the internet that are not based on information you provided to Paolita.
Our primary goal is to improve upon and make sure our services and messaging are relevant for all our users, while also ensuring that personal information of all users is respected and protected.
Contact Information: We use contact information to respond to your inquiries, send you information as part of the services, and send you marketing information (for as long as you do not opt-out).
More details: We use your email address to send you marketing (newsletters), unless you indicate a preference to opt-out and for general updates on your account. You can opt out of marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in them.
Reporting Purposes: We also use website visitor information such as page views, sessions and business data such as purchases, abandonment cart, add to cart and so on to create and design stakeholder reporting and to enhance the performance of our service.
How you use our services.
We use information about how you use our services to improve our services for you and all users.
Device data: We use device data both to troubleshoot problems with our service and to make improvements to it.
More details: Device and browser data: We collect this to help us improve your service experience through a specific device/browser by optimizing how the website looks in a particular browser, how your screen brightness affects your experience and to ensure the service operates optimally and as it should on different devices and browsers.
Referral information: We use referral information to track the success of our integrations and referral processes.
Service and Marketing uses
Your Account Information: We need to use your account data to run your account, provide you with services, provide you with customer support, and contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You cannot opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
Information you share: Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it can be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and deleting your content but we cannot delete content from search engines so you need to be careful about information you make public.
Information we share: Partners and Integrations
We do not share your information or data with third parties outside Paolita except in the following limited circumstances:
- To help us provide certain aspects of our services we use our affiliates and trusted key partners – in particular, we engage third parties to:
- facilitate our email service providers for sending emails.
- facilitate customers in making credit card payments.
- deliver and help us track our marketing and advertising content.
- help us track website conversion success metrics.
- manage our sales and customer support services to you.
We enter into confidentiality and data processing terms with partners to ensure they comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practice in privacy and security standards and we regularly review these standards and practices.
We also have to share information or data in order to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable policies, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, the public or to Paolita and/or as required or permitted by law.
- To make our site easier to use.
- For security reasons.
- To provide you with personalized content.
- We store user preferences, the web-pages on our site which you visit, so we can personalize the content you see.
- To improve our services.
- To advertise to you.
- We, or our service providers and other third parties we work with, place cookies when you visit our website and other websites or when you open emails that we send you, in order to provide you with more tailored marketing content (about our services or other services), and to evaluate whether this content is useful or effective. For instance, we evaluate which ads are clicked on most often, and whether those clicks lead users to make better use of our features and services. If you don’t want to receive ads that are tailored to you based on your online activity, you may “opt out” of many of the companies that are involved in such tailoring by going to https://www.aboutads.info, https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ or, if you’re located in the European Union, at https://www.youronlinechoices.eu. Opting out in this way does not mean you will not receive any ads; it just means that you will not receive ads from such companies that have been tailored to you based on your activities and inferred preferences.
- Google Analytics.
- In addition to the above, we have implemented on our websites certain Google Analytics features that support Display Advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to our websites may opt out of certain types of Google Analytics tracking, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
You can choose to remove or disable cookies via your browser settings.
If you hold an account with Paolita we do not delete the data in your account – you are responsible for this data. There are controls in your account where you can terminate your account. Your data will remain on file with us however and if you would like us to delete it completely from our system. Please contact us to have the data deleted.
You can opt-out from direct marketing, we provide opt-out options in all direct marketing emails. Finally, if you do not wish to see personalized marketing content on the web related to our service you can clear the cookies in your browser settings.
Who is my data controller?
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.